Winter Retreat Packing List
MEET AT HGC AT 6PM ON FRIDAY NIGHT.
Middle School Packing List:
We will be gone just a weekend, so you do not need to over-pack:) ...here are some items you will want to remember:
- *Snow Gear* It is a good idea to bring boots for outside activities such as hiking...but only bring other snow gear if the forecast still predicts snow for Saturday. Sadly right now we don't have snow on the ground but we will still have an AMAZING time.
- Gloves, warm hat
- Bible, notebook, pen/pencil
- Sleeping bag & pillow
- Warm Winter Jacket and Sweatshirt
- 2-3 pair of jeans or warm pants
- Shirts (bring a few short sleeve to wear in the gym for games and bring 2-3 long sleeve as well)
- Sneakers and Shorts (one pair of sneakers and shorts is fine, for games in the gym)
- 2-3 pairs of socks & underwear to stay dry
- Towel & toiletries (soap, shampoo, deodorant, etc)
- Sandals for shower
- Toothbrush & toothpaste
- A little extra spending money (5-10$) - for snacks/drinks
Things you should NOT bring:
- Electronics (you may bring phones but you will NOT be allowed to carry them on your person during the weekend. They will stay in your bags to call/text home at night, and if a parent needs to reach us for emergency they can call Kirk (973-714-1104), or Jake (201-450-5203) )
- Ipods, Tablets, etc. - We are really encouraging you to get away from electronics for the weekend so don't bother bringing them!
- Knifes, weapons
- Drugs, alcohol
- Anything else you know we would get mad at you for having :)
We are glad you stopped by! Please look through the site to see all of the different things that we are about. We are a Youth Ministry from Hawthorne Gospel Church, a non-denominational church in the Passaic/Bergen County area of New Jersey.
Our Junior High ministry is for teenagers in grades 6-8. Our Senior High ministry is for teens grades 9-12.
If you have any questions, please email us, or call the church office, 973.427.6960 x174.