Winter Retreat Packing List
We are LEAVING HGC AT 3:30PM ON FRIDAY NIGHT.
High School Packing List:
We will be gone just a weekend, so you do not need to over-pack:) ...here are some items you will want to remember:
- Bible, notebook, pen/pencil
- Snow Gear- It is a good idea to bring boots, snow pants, etc. for outside activities...
- Gloves, warm hat
- Sleeping bag NOT NEEDED (linens and pillow provided by Camp)
- Warm Winter Jacket and Sweatshirt
- 2-3 pair of jeans or warm pants
- 3-4 pairs of socks & underwear to stay dry
- Shirts (bring a few short sleeve to wear in the gym for games and bring 2-3 long sleeve as well)
- Sneakers and Shorts (one pair of sneakers and shorts is fine, for games in the gym)
- Towel & toiletries (soap, shampoo, deodorant, etc)
- Sandals for shower
- Toothbrush & toothpaste
- A little extra spending money (5-10$) - for snacks/drinks
- flashlight (optional)
Things you should NOT bring:
- Electronics (you may bring phones but you will NOT be allowed to carry them on your person during the weekend. They will stay in your bags to call/text home at night, and if a parent needs to reach us for emergency they can call Jake (201-450-5203) or Scott (973-557-8120) )
- Ipods, Tablets, etc. - We are really encouraging you to get away from electronics for the weekend so don't bother bringing them!
- Knifes, weapons
- Drugs, alcohol
- Anything else you know we would get mad at you for having :)
We are glad you stopped by! Please look through the site to see all of the different things that we are about. We are a Youth Ministry from Hawthorne Gospel Church, a non-denominational church in the Passaic/Bergen County area of New Jersey.
Our Junior High ministry is for teenagers in grades 6-8. Our Senior High ministry is for teens grades 9-12.
If you have any questions, please email us, or call the church office, 973.427.6960 x174.